After more than a decade, our favorite neurotic funny London gal is back with Bridget Jones Baby. Yes, Baby! She’s pregnant this time around except she’s not sure who the father is. It comes out tomorrow in cinemas across Lebanon and here are 10 Reasons Why I Love it and you will too and don’t worry No Spoilers here…
1. She’s been through it all, the lonely singleton life, cheating boyfriends, commitment-phobes, devastating breakups, ego-maniac workaholic men, snobby married couples and judgmental people all the while making us laugh till our bellies hurt. And now we get to watch her become a mother for the first time!
2. She’s totally relatable because she’s not your perfect heroine stereotype, she’s struggled with her weight like many of us, she always has messy disheveled hair (and not in a sexy salon way), has to remind herself to wax before her dates and wears embarrassing granny panties. How can you not love her?
3. She’s awkward, clumsy, cheesy, funny, and has had her fair share of work place disasters and public humiliation incidents throughout the years, yet despite all those downfalls (literally) she’s still managed to become a successful high flying TV executive who can brush it all off and bravely walk into the office each day and face her coworkers like nothing was. You gotta admire that kind of bravery, I can barely eat at a restaurant alone!
4. She’s an inspiration. Put aside her hilarious self-depreciation, Bridget Jones has never stopped trying to find happiness for herself, and now 12 years later she’s in her 40s and although she hasn’t found herself “the one” and I love that. Instead, she’s got a great career, a lovely apartment and great life and she seems totally satisfied with it.
5. She’s evolved in different ways, changing her lifestyle, quitting smoking and drinking, getting into fitness and reaching her ideal weight goal. But the story now shows us that despite being able to control all these “factors” that are supposed to make us complete, you’ll never have a perfect life because some things you just can’t control.
6.She’s never taken the typical route and her decisions constantly challenge the way society is telling her how her life ought to be, (much to the dismay of her mother and grandmother.) This time however instead of seeing her endure heartbreak from the men in her life once again, we get to see two handsome men hilariously brawling over her and her baby. Go Bridget!
7.It’s so cool seeing her motherhood instincts kick in, she now wants only what’s best for her child, and although there are lots of laughs expect many tender moments as well, as Bridget Jones embarks on the most important journey of her life to date, becoming a mom.
Check out the Trailer