So you met this “amazing” guy and thought you hit it off. But you’ve been staring at your phone for 6 days now wondering why he has yet to call. You’ve gone through every moment of your encounter over and over again in your head wondering where it went wrong.
You can stop obsessing now, Here’s why you haven’t heard from him…
1) He has a girlfriend/wife. And she doesn’t usually let him out of her sight. So when he does manage to get away he’s on the prowl. He didn’t really go to the washroom every time he excused himself; he was in the bathroom texting her or putting his kids to bed. You’ve been played.
2) You put out right away. He’s now categorized you as a “fun-loving” kind of girl aka easy. And your keenness on reminding him that you “never do this” every five minutes only tells him how much you actually do this, even if you really don’t. Men like the chase. And sure, he pursued you all night, but now he has no reason to come back from more. Play your cards right and you’ve got yourself a second date.
3) You didn’t put out. I know, weird. Some men may only be on the hunt for a fast hookup. So when he knows you’re a lady, suddenly he’s lost interest because he’s not ready for potential girlfriend material in his life, didn’t want to work hard for it and just wanted something quick and easy. Consider his disappearance a blessing.
4) You scared him off. You didn’t have to tell him how all your girlfriends are married and you’re the only one left. You didn’t have to tell him how your ex broke your heart and most men are jerks. And you really didn’t have to tell him how happy your sister’s kids make you. What did you expect, really!
5) There’s hard to get and then there’s too hard to get. Your aloof and standoffish attitude gave him the impression that you’re not that into him, even if you gave him your number. Flirting with the bartender didn’t help either. Loosen up and put you’re guards down even if you’re worried about getting your heart broken.
6) You’re high maintenance. He was willing to overlook the full makeup look and sky-high stilettos if it weren’t for your minute-by-minute Instagram updates, excessive texting and the 7 selfies you took and posted in less than an hour. If that wasn’t superficial enough, looking the other way when the bill arrived only made matters worse.
Enjoyed this post? Also check out