Planning a wedding is hard anywhere in the world. But in Lebanon, it’s no laughing matter. Drama is usually an essential element in most soon-to-be-wed couples’ lives but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are some tips on how you can avoid drama if you’re planning for your nuptials:
1) Do NOT fight with your fiancé, separate between what he wants and what his parents want and don’t let your differences come between your relationship, your wedding is for one night, marriage is forever.
2) If your mother really wants that over-the-top crystal flower arrangement then just let her have it, as tempting as it is to remind her it isn’t her wedding- an unhappy mother-of-the-bride is a wedding omen.
3) Brides can get carried away- you and your close circle of friends know you’re getting married, that doesn’t mean the entire world should know and even if they did, don’t expect them to treat you differently.
4) Brides can get super sensitive, that sensitivity can quickly turn you into a monster, earning you the title of BRIDEZILLA. Yup, you might not know it but people around you could have already dubbed you with that nickname. If you want people to be happy for you rather than scared of you on your big day, take the snappiness down a notch.
5) Everyone wants to make a profit from your big day, to avoid unpleasant surprises, make sure you agree on a prices with your wedding planner before you approve anything, a waiter passing you the $2000 fireworks bill while you cut your cake is not gonna be good for pictures.
6) Just because your friend got that super-expensive Zaffeh with an army of silly looking oriental musketeers, it doesn’t mean you need to go over-the-top too. When you start competing and comparing with others, you simply set yourself up for failure.
I’m sure this list can go on and on. Any more words of wisdom from couples who have survived?