So your New Year resolutions are a distant dream by now. You were supposed to quit smoking (even socially), become a regular at the gym ( a 15 min sprint on the treadmill doesn’t count )and most importantly eat healthy ( even during work hours)
It’s March and you’re still hung-over from the weekend. Your mind kept telling you to get that salad for lunch but every cell in your stomach was screaming for grease, so you ordered Fern Tony’s Deluxe Burger . Your co-workers watched you gobble that beast down as they fiddled with their rice and spinach. But you’re back at your desk now, about to participate in some serious self-loathing wondering how you got here. Knowing that within mere months, the hot and sexy gym busy-bees of this country will be ready to flaunt their combos of six packs, pectorals, biceps and what not while you’ll be struggling to stop yourself from ordering a bottle of extra-chilled rose by the beach.
Snap out of it; get a hold of yourself and enough with the procrastination. I’ve come up with a couple of pointers to keep you satisfied but slick this season.
1) Eat breakfast and get full, it’s the oldest trick in the book but it actually works wonders. And no, that doesn’t mean indulging in some fried eggs and bacon, but a healthy whole wheat pita bread with some labneh, cucumber and olives , or turkey and cheese with some lettuce. Wash it down with a sweet fruit-but bar or perhaps a handful or almonds and raisins.
2) Take the stairs, even if you have to go up four floors. You’re going to be on a chair all day, trust me your body can use the exercise.
3) Screw the salad. It will last for a good two hours and then before you know it you’re craving a Man2ouchet Zaatar. Get your dose of pasta or rice, but make sure it’s in moderation. You don’t have to eat everything your mom packed. Keep some in the fridge for the next day.
6) Workout- it takes dedication to leave the office after an 8-hour long work day only to get stuck in traffic and hit the gym. But it’s like quitting smoking- once you get past the first week, it sticks. And when you start seeing actual results- you’ll wonder why it took you so long to start.
8) Easy on dinner tiger, just because the machine said you burned 200 calories, doesn’t mean you’re entitled to make up for them. A chicken breast or steak with some veggies will do the trick.
9) Pamper yourself. Fill-up the bathtub, throw in some sea salt and relax . And don’t forget to moisturize! Bisoux